Aerospace Industry (Industrial Report) - UK - November 2014
“With the growing involvement of the government, both in terms of policy direction and financial contribution, the UK aerospace industry is preparing itself for the long battle ahead to retain its position as the leading industry in Europe and the second largest globally, behind only the US. The main competition globally will come from emerging markets, like those in the Asia-Pacific, where investment in aerospace infrastructure and the development of aircraft is ever-rising alongside vast increases in air traffic demand.”
– Lewis Cone, Research Analyst
Some questions answered in this report include:
- What are the key determinants driving the aerospace industry?
- Was the market affected by the financial crisis and how has it recovered since? Has there been any structural changes as a consequence?
- How has the government influenced and shaped the development of the sector?
- What are the key issues the UK industry needs to address to maintain its global position in an ever-competitive market?
- How have companies adapted to cost and environmental pressures?
- What does the future hold for the UK’s aerospace industry?
For the purposes of this report, the aerospace equipment industry includes both civil and military equipment.
The market is segmented into the following sectors:
- Complete aircraft
- Aircraft parts, including undercarriages, propellers, fuselages, hulls, wings, control levers and fuel tanks
- Aircraft engines
- Aircraft engine parts
- Spacecraft, including satellites and launch vehicles
- Other aerospace equipment, including ground flying trainers, aircraft launching gear, gliders, hang gliders, balloons and other non-powered aircraft
- Repair and reconditioning of aircraft
Take a look inside a sample report
Mintel’s consumer reports deliver insight and expert analysis into key consumer trends and behaviour in your marketplace, in addition to an overview of the market data and key brands. Mintel’s consumer reports provide you with easily digestible information to guide your future innovation and move your business forward.Download now
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.