Air Fresheners and Air Care - Europe - October 2011
“One of the focus areas of recent product innovation has been continual or automatic scent release, with increasingly sophisticated fresheners now allowing the user to control the intensity of fragrance and the time intervals for fragrance release. However, the way a freshener releases the scent is only important to a small minority of European consumers when deciding which product to buy. The benefits of these products must be made clear to potential air care users, so that innovation can drive the market forward.”
– James Manley, European Household Analyst
Some key points covered in the report include:
· The economic recession compromises value growth, but increased home entertaining and free time spent in the home, as well as new product development, have been supportive market drivers. Have they done enough to counter recessionary effects?
· While odour elimination and fragrancing remain the core functions of air fresheners, suppliers are paying increasing attention to the look and delivery system of their products. Have these developments attracted new consumers to the market?
· Consumer concerns regarding the health and environmental effects of air fresheners have resulted in an expanding range of botanical/herbal and eco-friendly products. Are these products proving successful?
· Product penetration is the highest in Britain and France, with seven out of ten consumers using fresheners. However, the Germans use the products most frequently. How can manufacturers encourage this frequent usage in other countries?
· As a result of the economic recession, there is an increasing emphasis on value for money, with the Brits particularly keen on special offers.
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.