Air Fresheners - US - December 2009
Like others, the market for air fresheners has seen sales reverse from the growth trend experienced prior to 2008. The economic recession has created a challenge to manufacturers as consumers cut back on spending on non-essentials including air fresheners. Opportunities for growth as the economy climbs out of the recession exist because many consumers have merely cut back on spending on air fresheners, but have not stopped purchasing them altogether. This behavior reflects the importance of air fresheners in American homes.
This report uses sales data and analyzes new product introductions to identify:
- How home décor air fresheners are migrating from the home décor section to the general air fresheners aisle thanks to new, upscale product lines
- How the drive toward green products is affecting individual segment sales differently
- Which brands are growing sales even in a down economy and how new products are adding technology to delivery systems
- Why Hispanics and blacks can help drive air freshener sales and why Asians represent a challenge to the market even with their growing population numbers
- Which demographic groups have increased or decreased their spending on air fresheners and why
- How scent preferences have changed and how this is related to odor-neutralizing products
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.