Alcohol Consumption in Bars and Restaurants - US - May 2009
This report comes at a time when the bar and restaurant market is in flux, with Darwinian tactics elevating those that can be successful to the forefront of the pack. This report evaluates the current state of alcoholic beverage consumption at bars and restaurants, with a focus on what’s driving and suppressing the market, as well as innovations across all aspects of the market that will help the industry sustain itself throughout the next year and beyond.
In addition, the report delves deeply into consumer survey data that assesses today’s bar and restaurant alcohol consumers are, what their decision-making processes are, their average spend, their attitudes toward alcohol, and their drink loyalty and adventurousness.
The report helps industry participants answer the following questions:
- How badly will the U.S. recession hurt the market for alcohol consumption at bars and restaurants?
- What are the primary barriers, other than the recession, that have decreased alcohol consumption, and what can be done to combat these obstacles
- What should bar and restaurant owners do to offset recession-related trends of consumer trade-down and increased at-home consumption
- What are consumers looking for, and what can bars and restaurants do to attract demographics that typically are losing interest?
- What new and hot drink innovations are gaining momentum in bars and restaurants?
- Which popular alcoholic beverage types are making it onto fine dining and casual menus?
- How can bars and restaurants make every marketing dollar count, and who should they target?
- What types of patrons are the most likely to respond to suggestions, drink menus, and new drink innovations
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.