American Families and Dining Out - US - February 2010
American families’ perceptions and habits towards full-service and limited-service restaurants have been changing in the wake of the recession. As a result, new opportunities have emerged from this tumultuous period.
The objective of this report is to explore the environment that shapes how families eat at restaurants: not only the restaurant segments they go to and how often they go, but also what shapes their decisions to order food items and the impact of the recent recession on their dining out habits. Additionally, this report gives operators insight into what parents would like to see more often on kids’ menus. Context is provided in the form of specific restaurant concepts and menu innovation related to meeting kids’ restaurant needs.
This report explores this new landscape; some of the topics covered include:
- Usage of different types of restaurants (QSRs, fast casual and full service) by different demographics for breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Types of menu items respondents would like to see on kids’ menus
- Which restaurants are innovating and succeeding and why
- Promising new items on kids’ menus that can be used as points of differentiation and drivers of sales
- The importance of Hispanics, and strategies for reaching this key demographic
- How restaurants can attract families with healthier menu offerings
- The degree to which parents limit their children’s food choices and their reasons for doing so
- How restaurants can proactively address the obesity epidemic and the call for menu transparency
- Innovative ways fast food and full-service restaurants can use entertainment to attract kids and families
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.