America's Pet Owners - US - November 2009
Headlines proclaiming that the pet care market has remained strong despite the recession have appeared frequently in the trade press. But given the nature and depth of the human-pet bond, a more accurate assessment might be that the pet care market is strong because of the recession. While animal shelters report that economic circumstances have indeed forced more owners to give up their pets, most of us continue to hold our pets close. Difficult, stressful times seem to have put a premium on the unconditional love and nurturing that pets provide.
This report provides an in-depth exploration of pet owners in America, looks at pet ownership, attitudes towards pets, patterns of purchase of pet food and supplies. This is a sister report to Mintel’s Pet Food and Supplies—U.S., July 2009. Specifically this report explores:
- The demographics of pet ownership and pet product usage, including an analysis of Experian Simmons Mosaic lifestyle segmentation data
- An overview of the broad array of retailer stores that cater to pet owners
- A sampling of new products and advertising designed to appeal to different pet owner mindsets
- An in-depth examination of how pet owners care for their pets, including freedom granted in the house, veterinary care, grooming and boarding services, car trips, insurance, and more
- Discussion on the motivations of pet ownership, how pets are acquired, and types of pets owned
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.