Anti-aging Skincare - US - February 2010
The US anti-aging skincare market is enjoying solid and at times robust growth in 2010, buoyed by a consumer base that is in large part unwilling to give up such products despite the current economic recession. While a number of consumers appear to be trading down to less expensive brands in the personal care aisles or making their existing brands last longer—which negatively impacts overall sales—women (the core anti-aging consumer) indicate very little propensity to forego anti-aging products altogether. This report thoroughly examines these factors, and provides in-depth analysis of the following:
- How the recession figures into sales and marketing of anti-aging products
- The importance of the growing population of women (specifically Boomer women) to the market, as well as how the increasing number of men and Hispanics can be harnessed to boost sales further
- How companies are leveraging professional-grade product claims to provide the newest anti-aging innovations and stave off the threat of professional procedures performed in spas and doctor’s offices
- The focus on the face in anti-aging among both consumers and manufacturers, and how sales of facial anti-aging products have benefited from this focus
- The role of drug stores, which are uniquely positioned to serve the wide range of consumers’ anti-aging needs
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.