Anti-aging Skincare - US - February 2011
The U.S. market for anti-aging skincare products sold through food, drug, and mass merchandisers (FDMx) experienced decelerating sales in 2010 as the economy forced many budget-conscious consumers to cut back on non-essential items as their spending power for such items shrank. Further deceleration and even losses were prevented by the number of women who consider anti-aging skincare to be an essential purchase, even if they were forced by the economy to trade down to less expensive private label and store brands. This report provides in-depth exploration of these factors, as well as close analysis of the following:
- Competition from professional procedures such as BOTOX injections, professional microdermabrasion, and other services, as well as the threat of other products such as anti-aging beverages
- The domination of facial anti-aging products over those designed for the body
- How drug stores maintain control of the FDMx market and how mass stores are competing with value options
- The important role of women in the market, how usage by men remains steady, and the rise of Hispanic anti-aging skincare consumers
- Innovations and which companies lead the newest product iterations
- Branding and advertising strategies from the top companies in the market
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.