Anti-aging Skincare - US - February 2012
The U.S. anti-aging skincare market has experienced decelerated growth between 2006 and estimated 2011, as the impact of the economy forced tight household budgets for many users, who found less disposable income for discretionary purchases in recent years.
However, Mintel predicts that the market will turn around between 2011 and 2016, based on population growth of women aged 55+, who are the primary purchasers of anti-aging products. Growth will also come from the increasing Hispanic population. Hispanic respondents to Mintel’s exclusive consumer survey report steady use of anti-aging products, and thanks to their more than $1 trillion in spending power, Hispanics will play a larger role in the market in the near future. This report focuses on these dynamic factors, and provides in-depth analysis of the following:
- The role of innovation in a market driven by users who constantly seek the latest, most cutting-edge formulas
- How two of the leading FDMx companies have failed to provide the type of new products that attract user attention, despite a decided emphasis on innovation in anti-aging skincare marketing
- Why the facial segment of the market far outsells the body segment
- How drug stores outsell food stores, and how mass merchandisers attract buyers during a period of economic uncertainty
- Potential competition from professional services, such as injections, fillers, non/minimally-invasive procedures, and plastic surgeries, especially if the economy rebounds more quickly than expected
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.