Asian Americans and Technology - US - February 2010
While the Asian American audience may not be large, at under 5% of the US population, their comparatively high incomes and high levels of education make them an important consumer audience – particularly when it comes to technology products and services. Asian Americans are enthusiastic adopters of virtually all types of technology products, with 95% owning PCs (as compared to 83% of the overall population). With strong levels of interest in keeping up with technology, buying new gadgets and networking with friends about high-tech products, Asian Americans are a particularly valuable “early adopter” audience for technology.
In this report, Mintel analyzes Asian Americans’ ownership, behavior and preferences regarding various types of technology products and services, including the following topics:
- Ownership and purchase intent for a broad variety of technology devices, including home entertainment, communications and computing products
- How Asian Americans use various types of technology devices
- How Asian Americans connect via the web
- Asian American attitudes towards technology, including how they buy technology products and their responsiveness to marketing and advertising tactics
- Key demographics for Asian Americans, including population growth trends, earning power, educational attainment, degree of acculturation, and regional distribution
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.