Asian Americans and Technology - US - March 2012
Asian purchasing power is rapidly growing, currently at $543 billion and expected to reach $775 billion by 2015. Asians' higher than average household incomes enable them to afford a variety of top-quality and big-ticket electronics, including the latest and most comprehensive smartphones, tablets, cameras, MP3 players, PCs, and home entertainment and communication products and services. Asians are also active internet users and shoppers, relying on the internet for product information and purchases of anything from apparel to travel to electronics. Yet, opportunities remain for technology marketers to offer non-stereotypical ads that engage Asian consumers.
In this report, Mintel analyzes Asian Americans’ ownership, behavior and preferences toward various types of technology products and services, including the following topics:
- ownership and purchase intent for a broad variety of technology devices and services, including portable and home entertainment, communications and computing
- how Asian Americans use various types of technology devices, how much they spend, and what brands they prefer
- Asians’ preferred online activities, including websites, social networking, and online purchasing
- Asian-American attitudes towards technology, including up-and-coming portable and home electronics, and their responsiveness to marketing and advertising tactics
- key demographics for Asian Americans, including population growth trends, earning power, educational attainment, degree of acculturation, and regional distribution.
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.