Attitudes to Internet and New Media Marketing - US - October 2010
Online video, social networking and smartphones have already re-shaped how consumers communicate, entertain themselves and gather information. Now these media are re-shaping how consumers interact with brands and advertisements, as marketers struggle to better reach targets in an era where antagonism toward traditional push advertising is increasing. This report explores consumer relationships with advertising and marketing in online video, social media, on cell phones, and inside of games. Subjects covered in this exploration of how to follow consumers into their new media choices include:
- How have sales of new media ad segments grown? How does new media advertising stack up against traditional advertising in terms of reach and impact?
- What’s the future role of mobile advertising? What is its current impact? Are consumers really in greater opposition to it than other ad formats?
- Which ads are effective and which offend consumers? Are consumers turning to the internet to avoid TV ads willing to tolerate online video ads?
- How is internet use changing?
- How does interactivity play into new media marketing?
- How do brands fit into social networking?
- Which new media advertising avenues are underutilized, and how can they be better employed?
- Do banner ads brand, or are they only useful in pursuit of a purchase?
- Are consumers losing interest in search? Which demographics are most likely to click and purchase? How do consumers select between search engines? Which demographics favor which engines?
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.