Attitudes Toward Fiber and Digestive Health - US - March 2012
Studies have consistently shown that most Americans do not eat the recommended daily allowance (RDA) of fiber. According to many studies, high-fiber diets can promote cardiovascular health and help one lose weight, both of which are important to millions of Americans. Indeed, it is becoming increasingly clear that fiber provides a variety of health related benefits and hence is a key macronutrient. Given that most Americans need to eat more fiber to achieve optimal health, it is not surprising that sales of fiber-enhanced products such as high fiber snack bars and cereals have been rising in recent years, despite the weak economy.
To help companies capitalize on growing demand for fiber-enriched packaged foods as well as supplements that aid digestive health, Mintel has published this report that addresses the following questions.
- How are macro-level economic and health-related trends impacting demand for fiber-enriched food and drink as well as supplements that aid digestive health?
- What sources do Americans most commonly use when seeking information about fiber and digestive health?
- What types of new fiber-enhanced foods and supplements are manufacturers bringing to market?
- How are companies marketing their high-fiber packaged foods and supplements?
- What proportion of the U.S. population experiences at least some digestive problems?
- What methods do consumers commonly use to manage digestive health?
- What do Americans do to improve digestive health?
- What types of supplements do consumers typically use, and what types are they interested in trying in the future?
- Which demographic segments are most likely to use fiber-enhanced packaged food and supplements?
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.