Attitudes Toward Social Responsibility - US - September 2010
In the light of recent corporate scandals, global warming and the current recession, consumers are beginning to see Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) as a necessary part of any corporate makeup. Overall consumer trust in authority is low, leading consumers to be cautious, slow to defer to authority and demanding of transparency. Despite these factors, however, consumers still want to give back. In fact, instances of charitable giving have remained stable notwithstanding the recession. Consequently, companies need to find ways to work with consumers to engage them in social responsibility and create a relationship of transparency and trust.
In this report, Mintel investigates social responsibility trends and highlights key demographics who are interested in social responsibility to increase the potential for marketing opportunities. Analysis and insights offered include:
- The effect of age on interest in social responsibility initiatives
- How to engage consumers by giving them a voice in CSR practices
- The effect of the recession on consumer demand for social responsibility
- How green initiatives correlate to other social responsibility practices
- Why local and global initiatives both need to be pursued
- How websites can be used to engage consumers in CSR initiatives
- Which social responsibility initiatives consumers want to learn more about
- How consumers want to be contacted about social responsibility initiatives
- Which brands consumers are most interested in hearing from about their CSR practices
- Types of socially responsible products consumers are buying (such as energy efficient or organic)
- Who consumers feel should be responsible for the promotion of the safe use of products
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.