Attitudes Toward Sodium - US - February 2013
“Despite consumers’ interest in eating healthier, they also want food that tastes good. While government, food manufacturers and restaurants try to provide healthier options to Americans, these organizations are up against several challenges, especially regarding how to market low/no/reduced sodium items.”
– Emily Krol, Health and Wellness Analyst
Some questions answered in this report include:
- Consumers believe they should be responsible for choosing food and drink, but many recent rulings have impacted availability of certain products. What is the impact of government regulation on consumer choices?
- Consumers want food that tastes good, but know that high-sodium contents are unhealthy. How can restaurants and packaged foods companies reduce sodium content without alienating people who want great-tasting food?
- The jury is still out regarding how bad sodium really is, especially for those who do not suffer from hypertension or high blood pressure. How will this affect consumer perceptions of low-sodium products?
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.