Automotive Innovation - US - May 2012
The pace of automotive innovation continues to accelerate as car makers compete to remain competitive in an increasingly connected and digitally capable environment. New car sales have increased by over 10% for two consecutive years and the average age of vehicles in operation is at a record high level of eleven years. As more consumers need to replace their aging vehicles, shopping for innovations is becoming a major part of the new car buying process.
This report provides an up-close look at auto innovation, including:
- How is consumer behavior changing in the face of high gasoline prices and what are auto fuel companies are doing to respond?
- What types of entertainment, connectivity, safety and environment innovations do consumers currently use? Which innovations would they most like to have in a new car?
- What are the leading brands offering in terms of auto innovation and how are innovations being marketed?
- How does the environment for new car sales, including the average age of vehicles in operation, impact future need for auto innovations?
- Is distracted driving a real issue and what is the consumer standpoint?
- Which brands are perceived as innovation leaders and why?
- What characteristics do consumers demand in auto innovations?
- How do attitudes regarding auto innovations vary among different consumer groups such as age, income, or type of vehicle owned?
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.