Automotive Retail - US - May 2009
This report provides an in-depth examination of the automotive retail market for industry manufacturers, distributors and marketers interested in pursuing opportunities to innovate trends within segments and to evaluate the competition. Sales and analysis covers three segments of the automotive retail market: new vehicles, used vehicles and parts/service.
Specific questions that are answered in this report include the following:
- What effects do rising gasoline costs, automotive vehicle prices and the economic downturn have on the overall market?
- What segments of the automotive retail market are stagnating, and what can be done to increase activity?
- What is the dynamic between new vehicle sales with used vehicle sales and parts/service?
- How has excess vehicle inventory affected sales revenue and what incentives are dealerships offering to help move cars?
- How will the federal intervention of President Obama’s automotive task force contribute to or hinder future growth?
- How can automotive dealerships take advantage of the economic downturn to appeal to consumers seeking a new or used vehicle?
- How are third party online brokers contributing to or hindering revenue growth for brick and mortar vehicle dealerships?
- What media are industry leaders using most to deliver effective marketing campaigns, and what actions need to be taken to improve visibility?
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.