Baby Durables - US - April 2016
Total retail sales of baby durables totaled $9.3 billion at current prices in 2015, up 2.5% versus 2014. This growth is forecasted to continue at an average rate of just under 1% annually through 2020 when sales should reach $9.8 billion. Elevated consumer confidence levels as well as positive birth rates and population growth trends among women, particularly multicultural women, will support sales. While most baby durables continue to be purchased new in-store, online and alternative channels are increasingly being used to shop for these items.
This report examines the following areas:
- Slow, but positive growth projected through 2020
- Emerging pre-owned marketplace threatens traditional retailers
- Variances in family structures can impact the market
For the purposes of this Report, Mintel categorizes baby durables into three main groups defined as follows:
- baby mobility – car seats, strollers, systems, baby carriers
- baby’s room furniture – cribs, bassinets, dressers, changing tables, rockers and gliders (excludes linens and accessories)
- baby care items – bouncers/infant positioners, gyms, stationary entertainers, walkers/jumpers, swings, play yards, bath tubs, diaper disposal systems, high chairs, potties, gates, monitors, thermometers, humidifiers/vaporizers, bottle/food warmers and sterilizers, breast pump/nursing pillows
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.