Baby Durables - US - February 2012
After suffering sales declines throughout the recession, the baby durables market remained flat in 2010 and 2011 and is expected to grow in 2012 reaching $2.8 billion. Many factors impact the market, including the birth rate in the U.S., fluctuating consumer confidence, women having children at older ages, and multi-generational living. This report closely examines these themes, as well as a variety of other factors impacting the baby durables market.
Some of the key topics and issues covered in this report include:
- How birth rate trends in the U.S. may impact the baby durables market
- How levels of consumer confidence can impact spending on baby durables
- The impact of women getting married, and having children later in life
- How multi-generational households can change parents’ lifestyles
- Challenges to baby durables retailers
- Total retail sales of baby durables in the U.S. and growth predictions
- An overview of key retailers
- An overview of key manufacturers
- Innovations in baby durables
- Ownership of baby durables including baby related furniture, baby related mobility and baby related activity, daytime care and wellness/safety products
- How baby durables products are acquired and where, in-store/online
- Shopping behavior for baby durables
- Attitudes toward baby furniture and baby mobility purchases
- Attitudes toward baby related activity, daytime care, wellness/safety purchases
- Baby products as gifts
- How race/Hispanic origin impact shopping behavior and attitudes toward baby durables
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.