Baby Food - China - July 2013
“The lucrative opportunities within the baby formula segment are attracting the attention of both international brands and domestic companies. As the competition intensifies, manufacturers should look for opportunities to meet consumers’ potential future needs to give them an advantage over the competition.”
– Laurel Gu – Senior Research Analyst
In this report, we cover the following areas:
- What is the current status and trends of the baby food market in China and what are drivers of and barriers to growth?
- Who are the leading and upcoming companies in the market and what are their strengths and areas of opportunities?
- What are Chinese mums’ usage behaviour and attitudes towards baby food?
- What future opportunities does the potential rebound of the breastfeeding rate in China offer, and how should baby food manufacturers react to grab opportunities to drive growth?
- Where are the key areas for business growth within the supplementary baby food segment in China and how can manufacturers capitalise on the opportunities for innovation?
- What are the implications of the newly issued government regulation on baby formula and what opportunities does it bring to domestic baby food manufacturers, for them to be able to compete with the leading international companies?
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.