Back to School Shopping - US - January 2012
With anticipated spending of $22.8 billion and a 6.8% increase compared to 2010, the Back to School (BTS) shopping market showed signs of recovery in 2011. Nonetheless, growth in this competitive market is shaped by shifting tastes, as conscious teens and economizing parents intend to find the best values in a rapidly-changing digital media environment. The market embraces on one hand some of the most powerful retailers such as Walmart, Target and Macy’s, and on the other some of the newest and most innovative retailers, such as eCampus.com or 77kids by American Eagle. This report offers an in-depth analysis of the BTS shopping moment at this key juncture, as the economy makes a still uncertain and slow recovery. Additionally, the report:
- Explores which BTS segments show the best prospects for growth and which retailers are currently the most effective in reaching parents, tweens and teens
- Discovers innovative marketing strategies as retailers integrate social media and online marketing tools into varied campaigns for BTS shopping
- Probes parent and teen attitudes related to brands, supplies, clothing, fashion, style, and shopping
- Asks which consumers are using the internet for price comparison, as well as digital applications for price comparison and budgeting
- Examines the 2011 performance of leading companies and looks at which underlying drivers are influencing the wider BTS shopping market through 2016
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.