Beer: The Consumer - US - November 2010
In this report, part one of a two-part report on US beer, Mintel takes an in-depth consumer-centric view of the market. The market-centric view is covered in Mintel’s Beer: The Market—U.S., December 2010. This report provides brewers and marketers with a glimpse into not only the consumption trends, but also consumer behavior and attitudes toward beer. The report seeks to help the reader develop new products and conceptualize marketing strategies to reach the core consumer groups in the most effective way. The core themes explored in this report include, but are not limited to:
- Beer consumption trends among adults, discussed by type of beer—domestic regular, light/low-calorie, imported, microbrewed or craft, ice, low/no-alcohol beer; malt liquor and flavored alcoholic beverage trends are also covered
- How age, gender and income impact the consumption of different types of beer
- Which set of consumers have defected and which ones have embraced beer
- How the recession has impacted consumers’ beer purchase behavior
- The influence that consumers of different races/Hispanic origin wield in the market
- The consumer base for the leading brands in each of the beer segments
- What attributes and marketing strategies can help generate trial and adoption for new beer products
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.