Beer: The Consumer - US - November 2011
Beer grew its consumer base during 2006-11, largely from the natural growth in the population of adults aged 21+. More importantly, the incidence of drinking beer remained stable during the recession. Craft beer emerged as a winner in terms of growing penetration, but has also remained a mystery to many beer drinkers. Mintel takes a look at beer consumption trends, attitudes and behavior of beer drinkers in this two-part report. The market-centric view is presented in Mintel’s Beer: The Market—U.S., December 2011. This report offers insights into important beer trends including the following:
- The overall popularity of beer and how it performs compared to other alcoholic beverages
- Growth of the micro brew/craft sector over the past five years, including how these products have taken market share from big domestic and imported brands
- Per capita beer consumption
- How age, gender, income and ethnicity affect beer preferences, particularly among young adults, affluent households, Hispanics and Blacks
- Consumers’ attitudes towards different styles of beer, including craft beers, major domestics, light beer, imports, malt liquor, ice beer, and low alcohol/alcohol free beer
- The impact of the poor economy on beer purchasing
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.