Beverage Packaging Trends - US - February 2011
While 2009 was an off year for new product launches in the beverage sector, 2010 saw a significant uptick, demonstrating the variety of approaches companies are taking to re-engage the thirsty consumer.
In terms of beverage packaging and labels—the focus of this report—today’s beverage shoppers indicate a need for simple, readable beverage labels and yet at the same time want to be provided with many pieces of product information. Nutrition and health claims are important in this market as in so many others. Environmental matters are receiving the attention of manufacturers, trade groups, government entities, and increasingly eco-conscious consumers.
In this report, Mintel will provide in-depth analysis on topics including:
- What beverage packaging types consumers are buying, and what manufacturers of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages are emphasizing
- What population and economic trends are demanding of beverage manufacturers, especially growth in the U.S. populations of aging consumers and Asian and Hispanic groups
- The innovations that are being seen in beverage packaging and label claims, led by the creative efforts of marketers of wine and other alcoholic beverages, and demonstrated in a large number of new beverage product launches
- The latest advertising and marketing messages employed by beverage producers as they respond to environmental pressures and evolving consumer attitudes
- Who among all beverage consumers place the most importance on nutrition and health-related claims, as well as environmentally-friendly packaging
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.