Black Consumers and Beauty Products - US - July 2016
"The growing Black population, which includes a large share of iGeneration and Millennials, and interest in natural products are key positive drivers. Nurturing highly engaged consumer segments will also be important for market growth."
- Fiona O’Donnell, Director – Multicultural, Lifestyles, Travel and Leisure
This report looks at the following areas:
- Black women rate their skills using beauty products lower, less likely to experiment
- Replacement is the main reason for beauty product purchase
- Mainstream brands have clout, but struggle to build share
This Report covers a broad range of products within the beauty market. For the purposes of this Report, Mintel has defined the beauty market as follows:
- Color cosmetics – Eye, face, and lip cosmetics
- Nail color and care products – Nail polish and accessories, nail accessories and implements, nail treatments, artificial nails and accessories, nail polish removers
- Facial skincare products – Anti-aging products, cleansers, moisturizers, acne treatments, fade/bleach, lip balm.
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.