Black Haircare - US - August 2011
- What other consumers purchase black hair care products and is there scope for manufacturers to reach out to consumers from other backgrounds (eg those with curly hair)?
- Can marketers remove negativity surrounding the state of their target demographics hair to make the hair care experience more enjoyable?
- What opportunity is there to reach men and encourage product usage?
This report builds on the analysis presented in Mintel’s Black Haircare—U.S., August 2010, as well as the analysis presented in Mintel’s Black Haircare—U.S., August 2009, June 2007 and June 2005.
This report covers haircare products designed and marketed specifically for Black consumers. These products include:
- hair relaxers/relaxer kits
- styling products like oil moisturizers, pomades, polishers, and shining agents
- hair color.
Excluded from the scope of this report are sales of haircare products marketed exclusively to other ethnic consumers (such as Hispanics). Also excluded are wigs, hairpieces, hair extensions, weaves, and hairstyling appliances.
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.