Blacks and Travel - US - December 2011
Black buying power is on the rise and is expected to reach $1.1 trillion by 2014, according to the Selig Center for Economic Growth. Despite tough economic times, Blacks are still traveling in the U.S. and abroad, taking cruises and booking luxury hotels. Black households are more likely than the national average to include children in their travel, meaning that theme parks are an ideal form of entertainment for these consumers. U.S. Blacks are a blend of immigrants and U.S.-born, all diverse, intrinsically multicultural, and enjoy exploring the world, making them an essential consumer group for the travel industry.
This report provides insights that will help marketers engage the Black consumer through the following topics:
- International and domestic travel among Blacks, including business and personal, how much they spend, and how often they travel
- Factors that deter Blacks from traveling, and how marketers can address these to encourage Black consumers to travel more
- Blacks’ preferred methods of booking travel, the transportation they use, and their favorite activities when on vacation
- Preferred theme parks among Blacks, and an analysis of why certain theme parks are succeeding with this consumer segment
- International and domestic cruises, including Blacks’ preferred destinations
- Accommodations that Black consumers prefer, and reasons that attract them to these hotels/motels
- Advertising strategies that have been employed in television, print, and online campaigns targeting Black consumers, including analysis of those that are most effective in engaging this audience
- An overview of the U.S. Black population, including Black affluents and Black immigrants and their importance to the travel industry
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.