Bottled Water - Brazil - April 2013
"The bottled water category in Brazil has been showing dynamic growth in the last few years. However, despite growing revenues, the category still has one of the lowest per capita expenditures in the world. Companies can look to differentiate their products through product segmentation, development of niche markets and the encouraging uptake in new consumption occasions are also opportunities for consideration."
– Luke Marangoni Xavier, Senior Analyst of Drinks
In this report we will discuss the following issues:
- What opportunities are there for the water category to use the growing concern over obesity to its advantage?
- How can the bottled water category more effectively tap into exercise occasions?
- How do Brazilians perceive water with added benefits?
- What steps can bottled water brands take to position themselves as proactive and moral in relation to the environmental impact caused by the category?
- How do Brazilians perceive “green” bottled water packaging?
- What NPD areas offer scope for companies to profit in a category that is still seen as a commodity?
- How can the bottled water category deal with traditional competitors in consumers’ homes, such as water filters and water gallons?
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.