Bottled Water - UK - March 2016
“Bottled water has enjoyed robust growth, benefiting as a low-cost option on the go while incomes were squeezed and boosted by good weather and its sugar-free credentials. The slow growth in real incomes should facilitate growth in spending. However, bottled water risks this prompting trading up to other drinks, highlighting the need for New Product Development to drive engagement.”
Anita Winther, Food and Drink Analyst
This report covers the following areas:
- Functional water has growth potential among Millennials
- Convenience continues to warrant focus
- Flavoured water suffers from doubts over healthiness
Convenience continues to play a central role as the reason for choosing bottled water. Packaging developments bolstering convenience on the go and at home therefore retain their relevance. Meanwhile the marked interest in lightly carbonated and lightly flavoured products suggests opportunities to build much-needed differentiation through small adjustments.
This Report covers sales of bottled water including:
- Water for sale in PET (polyethylene terephthalate) bottles and glass bottles
- Water offered for sale in other pack types, such as cans and cartons
- Plain water ie unflavoured
- Flavoured waters and fortified waters which see mineral water enhanced with natural flavours, herbs, vitamins and/or sweeteners
- Carbonated water, also known as sparkling water, which is made by dissolving carbon dioxide into the water, through a process of carbonation.
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.