The Bread Market - US - September 2012
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the bread market in the U.S and addresses the following questions.
- How have sales fluctuated in recent years and how are they likely to change between 2012 and 2017?
- What types of products are driving growth for manufacturers?
- What types of new products have manufacturers introduced in recent years?
- Which bread and bread products tend to be most popular with consumers and why?
- How much influence do nutrition-related attributes have on consumer decision-making when compared with taste and price?
- Which consumer segments over-index on bread use and which were most likely to report an increase in spending within specific categories during the last year?
What's in the US bread market report?
For the purposes of this report, bread is defined as including the following:
- Fresh loaf, including white, brown, and whole-grain, which may be sliced or unsliced, wrapped or unwrapped
- Fresh rolls, buns, and croissants
- Tortillas, taco shells, and tostadas
- Fresh bagels, bialys, and English muffins
- Refrigerated or frozen bread, bagels/bialys, and English muffins.
Baked goods such as muffins, scones, sticky buns, and sweet rolls are excluded, as are home baking products, such as flour, yeast, and bread mixes and cake mixes. Tortilla chips and tostada chips are also excluded.
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.