Breakfast Cereal - US - September 2009
Breakfast cereals enjoy high household penetration as well as high personal consumption rates. This report explores the factors that influence product selection by the market’s most fervent cereal consumers—families. Price, value perceptions, convenience and health emerge as key themes. The heart of the report is Mintel’s exclusive consumer research and analysis that explores usage by segment, frequency and brand as well as behavior, attitudes, and preferences related to breakfast cereal.
Other topics explored include:
- Opportunities to promote cereal as a family favorite, as a functional food, and how manufacturers can help consumers think about cereal in a new way
- Analysis of market size and segments that highlight the most influential reasons for shifts in sales based on consumer trends (health, convenience) and the impact of shifts in buying behavior as a result of the economic downturn
- Evaluation of the extensive competition for consumers’ food budgets and how cereal manufacturers can stave off these threats
- How the recession and higher food prices have impacted consumer choice within the category as well as noting the effect on future sales—but also how the recession has changed business behavior in terms of influencing advertising and promotional activity
- Best practices for reaching kids and bridging the gap between adults and kids
- The role of increasing concern with an interest in healthy eating habits
- Assessing the influence of family and kids on market sales and the implications for the market
- Analysis of leading manufacturers and brand positioning
- Creative insight into how the Special K brand has honed its identity and consumer perception through alignment as a diet-friendly brand for women—making it an industry standout
- How innovators and innovation focus on three core themes—health and wellness, convenience and flavor and fun, along with product examples and marketing claim trends
- Examination of trends in sales by sugar content
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.