Breakfast Entrees and Sandwiches - US - November 2010
The market for frozen and refrigerated breakfast entrées and sandwiches showed impressive growth in 2006, but the rate of growth decelerated in 2007 and then again in 2008 and 2009, as recession gripped the nation. Like many other sectors, this is a category that is faced with the challenge of frugal and often fickle consumers who continue to look far and wide for low prices on products that fit their preferences and needs. Mintel expects that growth will accelerate considerably through the end of 2010 as a result of a slight uptick in consumer confidence and the introduction of better-for-you (BFY) products designed to satisfy demands for breakfasts that are quick, easy to prepare and tasty, but also less than 300 calories.
While this is a challenging environment, there are significant opportunities for companies that develop products that are an ideal fit with consumer preferences, as well as messaging that resonates with high demand segments. As such, Mintel has prepared this report, which provides a comprehensive analysis of the category with a focus on the breakfast consumer, addressing the following questions:
- How have sales of frozen and refrigerated breakfast entrées and sandwiches fluctuated in recent years and how are they likely to change in the future?
- What segments of the category are performing well and which are displaying lackluster performance?
- How are macroeconomic and health-related trends impacting sales and how do they appear to be influencing product development and marketing efforts?
- What are the primary competitive threats to the category?
- How is the breakfast offering at the nation’s restaurants changing and how might this impact the competitive environment and sales in retail?
- Which segments of the population have concentrations of category users and which are less valuable to marketers of frozen and refrigerated breakfast products?
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.