Breakfast Foods - US - November 2009
Like a small town high school marching band, the success of the breakfast food market is largely determined by the widely varying talents of its members. The varying sales of the 10 competing segments combine for flat overall results. This report explores the factors that influence product selection—health and price emerge as key themes. The heart of the report is Mintel’s exclusive consumer research and analysis that explores breakfast usage by frequency, procurement, location and type as well as behavior regarding, attitudes towards, and preferences related to breakfast foods.
Other topics explored include:
- How to best appeal to the most avid breakfast consumers—families
- How to stave off competition from foodservice and from other segments in the market
- How to capitalize on consumers shopping and cooking more at home, ultimately increasing at-home breakfast consumption
- How to best bridge the gap between health and indulgence, including what products have been most successful in that battle and what can be learned from the success of BFY products
- The impact that private label has had in a down economy, and what it represents for the market as a whole, even as the recession wanes
- The weight that the message of breakfast as the most important meal of the day carries
- Opportunities to angle breakfast foods as an “anytime and anywhere” meal
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.