Breakfast Restaurant Trends - US - February 2010
This report explores breakfast foodservice trends—identifying key developments that are changing consumer habits and usage with consideration of the current economic climate and competitive threats.
The report considers a range of topics, including:
- The size of the market and expectations for future growth
- Opportunities for foodservice players to target kids as important breakfast consumers; explore ethnic breakfast menu items; embrace health through fresh; real ingredients to drive quality and value perceptions
- The competitive threat of at-home breakfast as well as the competitive pressures imposed by the rising number of foodservice players entering the morning daypart
- The recession’s impact on restaurants, especially for the breakfast daypart
- How the morning time crunch influences breakfast
- How key brands are endeavoring to differentiate themselves, and the demographic group(s) they attract
- Advertising and promotional strategies being employed to attract consumers
- The restaurant type that is the most aggressive in expanding breakfast menu items and the operators fueling this growth
- Breakfast innovation trends, with a focus on breakfast sandwiches, bowls and healthy options
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.