Breakfast Restaurant Trends - US - February 2011
Breakfast at restaurants has fared better than other dayparts in the down economy, helped along by it being a relatively inexpensive way to still have a restaurant meal and the constant need for a morning meal for harried on-the-go consumers, as well as the new influx of restaurant chains now serving breakfast.
Restaurants have been stepping up to the plate to meet this demand, and are responding as well, albeit somewhat slowly, to the rallying cry for healthier options on breakfast menus. A greater number of artisanal ingredients are working their way into traditional menu items, such as the ever-popular handheld breakfast sandwich.
This report explores these topics in depth along with the following, and more:
- Ways that menus can easily incorporate healthier menu items to meet consumer demand
- The importance of value pricing and why it’s here to stay (at least for the near term)
- Why limited-time offers (LTOs) are essential, and how operators can best take advantage of these items
- What breakfast foods are ordered most both during the week and on weekends, and who is ordering them
- What the different generations are most likely to look for when choosing a restaurant for breakfast and what type of restaurant they are heading for most often
- How the face of advertising is changing as television, web and social media efforts coexist
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.