Bundled Communication Services - UK - June 2010
This report examines the UK market for bundled TV, broadband and fixed-line telephone packages. ‘Bundled’ packages are those where TV, broadband and/or telephone services are supplied by a single provider and charged via a single monthly bill.
- There has been a sixfold increase in the value of the triple-play (phone, television & broadband services) market over the last five years, making it worth more than £3 billion in 2010.
- Around half of all UK households are likely to be signed up to bundled home communications services by the end of 2010. Although the largest proportion of these bundled packages remain dual-play, double-digit growth in triple-play penetration is expected to be sustained.
- Virgin Media is the triple-play market leader, both by number of subscribers and revenues generated, with 2.9 million triple-play homes (62% of its subscriber base), against BSkyB’s 1.9 million homes and 19% penetration.
- Price is the most important driver in the market, with nearly half of bundle users citing this an important factor in their decision to buy a bundle from a particular provider. The next most important factors are the convenience of single-billing and trust in the provider’s brand.
- Younger and more affluent consumers are least likely to be attracted to bundling by its cost advantages. A new offer is required to tap into these demographic groups who are most able and willing to spend.
- Fixed-line internet is considered the most important component of any bundle by 46% of consumers, with multichannel considered the most important by 28%.
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.