Camping - US - May 2010
The profile of the typical camper has remained the same for the last decade—white, male, 25-54 years old. Population shifts over the next few years will make it important for the camping industry to look beyond this core demographic and begin to reach out to other groups. Incorporating technology, offering more amenities, and targeting potential life-long campers when still young are just some of the ways that marketers can expand the camping base.
This report explores attitudes and behaviors toward camping. Analysis and insights offered in this report include:
- How the recession has impacted sales of camping equipment and overnight stays at campgrounds
- How technology is moving into the campground, and how retailers and campground owners can capitalize on this fact
- How companies and campgrounds are interacting with consumers online, and how this can create a community of loyal customers
- The steady rise in the Hispanic population, and how this may be an opportunity for the camping industry
- The decline in outdoor recreation among young people, and how to reach out to this demographic
- Who uses the internet to research campgrounds, camping activities and amenities
- Where people buy camping equipment, and what groups are most likely to own equipment
- The top types of activities campers participate in while camping
- How having kids affects the way both moms and dads buy equipment and research camp sites
- How RV use and ownership is affected by where you live, your age and income bracket
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.