Candles - US - August 2009
The US candles market has suffered substantial losses since 2006, as it faces an ongoing recession, soaring materials costs, and poor sales during recent holiday seasons. Mintel predicts that sales will continue to suffer in the current economic atmosphere, but that relief should arrive after 2010. Potential for real growth depends on developing products that meet the many air freshening and decorating needs of consumers, as well as communicating the wide range of benefits that the category delivers.
This report features in-depth analysis of these factors, as well as close examination of the following:
- How to market to consumers who are skipping discretionary purchases of candles
- How the declining housing market directly impacts sales of candles
- How soy and other eco-friendly candles tap into consumer desire to appear “green”
- The role of design in candle marketing, and how candles can be better positioned as décor
- The role of health & wellness in marketing candles as aromatherapy and relaxation aids
- Competition from sprays and plug-ins as the air care market grows
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.