Candles - US - August 2010
As noted in Mintel’s Candles—U.S., August 2009, sales of candles declined steadily and significantly between 2006 and 2009, as recession gripped the nation and the category faced stiff competition from various air care categories. However, while the market still faces significant challenges, there are some signs of improvement in 2010. Moreover, a variety of companies have launched innovative new products and this appears to be driving growth at some firms.
While the slight improvement observed in 2010 is encouraging, it is still evident that in order to succeed in this highly competitive marketplace companies must develop products and marketing platforms that resonate with high demand consumer segments while positioning their brands to compete with popular brands and products. In order to provide insight to help companies achieve these key goals, Mintel’s 2010 report addresses the following questions.
- How have sales of candles fluctuated in recent years and how are sales likely to change between 2010 and 2015?
- How are FDMx channels performing relative to others such as mass merchandisers and specialty stores?
- How are macro-level economic factors impacting the market?
- Who are the leading companies and which major firms have posted significant growth in the last year?
- What consumer segments tend to use the most candles and which are less important to candle marketers?
- What types of new products are companies bringing to market and what role are new product introductions playing in driving sales growth?
- How are companies using social media to promote their products?
- What types of candles are most popular and which are rarely used by consumers?
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.