Car Batteries - US - September 2010
This report explores the vehicle battery market in the U.S. It provides insight into the external and internal factors affecting car and truck battery sales, consumption and consumer trends, in addition to what they mean for future sales, promotional campaigns and industry innovations. Specific questions that are answered in this report include, but are not limited to, the following:
- How involved are consumers in charging the battery of their vehicle?
- Where do consumers purchase vehicle batteries?
- What compels consumers to purchase vehicle batteries—do they wait until the last possible moment or are they more preventative and purchase early?
- What companies manufacture vehicle batteries and what retailer partnerships result in exclusive, store-only brands?
- How are lithium-ion batteries emerging to possibly threaten lead-based batteries and how are consumer fears regarding electric cars affecting that growth?
- What type of vehicle battery are consumers purchasing the most? The least?
- What brand of vehicle battery are consumers purchasing the most? The least?
- What media or other influencers are factors in consumer purchasing of vehicle batteries?
- What companies are innovating their segments, and how can others learn from their success?
This report provides an in-depth examination of the vehicle battery market for industry retailers, distributors and marketers interested in pursuing opportunities to innovate trends within segments and to evaluate the competition. Consumer analysis and segment discussion covers both lead-based and lithium-ion batteries.
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.