Car Buying - US - January 2011
This report explores the automotive retail market in the U.S. It provides insight into the external market and internal/industry factors affecting new vehicle sales, consumption and dealership trends—and what they mean for future sales, promotional campaigns, and industry innovations within dealership groups. Specific questions that are answered in this report include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Are consumers buying vehicles in a recession and if so, what kind of vehicles are they buying?
- How are consumers researching their new vehicle purchase and which is more important: being on the showroom floor to test the vehicle or researching outside the showroom, either online or through traditional media?
- If consumers are not buying now, when are they expected to buy? Who will be buying?
- How are car purchasing decisions influenced by friends or family or co-workers?
- Does ‘buying American’ matter to car buyers anymore and if so, to which consumers?
- Where are consumers purchasing new vehicles—group dealerships or online or corner lots?
- What matters to consumers most when purchasing new? Is the showroom environment more or less important than finance deals or promotions?
- How many new vehicle dealerships exist currently and where are they?
- What is the median spend consumers are making on a new vehicle?
- How have new vehicle sales fared during the recession and how are those trends impacting future sales?
- How much of a factor is online retailing for new vehicle sales? What online platforms are or are not working?
- What recessionary factors are impacting car buying and how?
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.