Car Rental - US - March 2011
This Market Research Report on The US Car Rental and Car Hire Market provides an overview of the factors shaping the rentals, demand and trends within the vehicle rental industry and what these market trends mean for future sales. It also addresses current car rental industry innovations and promotional campaigns.
This car hire market research report examines how consumer travel and rental demand has been affected by the recent economic climate in addition to how the corporate spending and leisure travel have slowed and what affect this has had on the car rental market. Other factors discussed include:
- How will Avis' imminent procurement of Dollar Thrifty have on the car rental market?
- To what extent has the car hire industry been shaped by smart phones and the power to book online and use wireless vehicle tracking? What will this mean for the future?
- Which groups are renting cars for leisure or business and why is it popular with these demographics?
- Which demographics are using what vehicle classes, reservation methods or add-ons? Why are these favoured by these groups?
- What divisions of the car rental industry are growing, stagnating or merging? How is the vehicle rental industry affected by the increase in car sharing?
- How can the â€œgreenâ€ movement be used to increase rentals and what car rental companies have been utilising this?
- What can be done to improve visibility and what media channels have car rental industry leaders been utilising in their marketing campaigns?
- Consumer demand for exceptional service is growing - what are car rental companies doing to address this? How have car rental companies responded to new economic circumstances?
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.