Car Service and Maintenance Repair - UK - October 2011
“Cost is one important factor behind choice of service agent, as six in ten drivers are keen not to fall victim to a garage that recommends more work than necessary in order to charge more and a third look for low labour charges. One way for garages to increase custom among those who are keen to save money is to tap into the current demand for discount vouchers organised by companies such as Groupon.”
– Michelle Strutton, Senior Consumer Analyst
Questions answered in the report include:
- What is the impact of the ‘ageing’ of the UK’s car parc and how are longer replacement cycles impact on servicing and repairs?
- Has increased pressure on consumer incomes since the recent recession led to different approaches towards the repair and servicing of their vehicles?
- Which segments of the replacement parts market are showing signs of growth and why is this?
- How are car dealers and independents faring against new competition?
- Is there still room for smaller parts suppliers?
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.