Carbonated Soft Drinks - China - May 2014
"Consumers’ personal interests, various food scares as well as rising health issues such as obesity, are fuelling demand for innovations in ingredients, flavours and packaging. Mintel research shows that ingredients that can provide added health benefits could broaden the appeal of CSDs."
- Eileen Ngieng, Senior Research Analyst
This report looks at the following areas:
- How can brands cater to concerns over sugar content?
- How can brands position functional CSDs to bring engagement with health-conscious consumers?
- How can positioning as energy booster brings new relevance to CSD and compete with energy drinks?
- How can brands tackle trust issues more efficiently?
- Could re-naming or re-positioning be the answer to the unhealthy image?
This report follows the same definition as in Mintel’s Carbonated Soft Drinks – China, March 2012 report.
This market covers packaged cola, lemon/lemon & lime, orange and other flavoured carbonated soft drinks. Other flavoured carbonated soft drinks include carbonated mixers such as sodas, tonic, salted soda and carbonated soft drinks with flavours such as apple and sarsi, but exclude carbonated fruit juices, sparkling water, iced tea, energy and sports drinks.
Market size is based on sales through all retail channels (off-trade) and non-retail sales (hotel, food and restaurant or HoReCa, also known as the on-trade).
For market segmentation, the following definitions are used:
- Retail = Off-trade channels.
- Others = Non-retail channels which includes industries such as hotel, food and restaurant or HoReCa (also known as the on-trade).
For usage frequencies, the following definitions are used:
- Heavy users = Users for "Once a day or more", "Several times a week".
- Light users = Users for "Once a week", "Several times a month", "Once a month or less".
- Non users = Users for "Haven’t drunk this in the past six months".
Take a look inside a sample report
Mintel’s consumer reports deliver insight and expert analysis into key consumer trends and behaviour in your marketplace, in addition to an overview of the market data and key brands. Mintel’s consumer reports provide you with easily digestible information to guide your future innovation and move your business forward.Download now
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.