Casinos - US - January 2011
Revenue growth in the casino industry came to an abrupt halt in 2008 with the onset of the recession. Growth at current prices was 9% between 2005 and 2010, However, between 2008 and 2010, the market declined by 4%—to an estimated $60.4 billion in 2010. The recession and its aftermath, plus high unemployment, have caused many Americans to reduce their spending, especially on non-essential activities. As the economy slowly recovers, growth in the casino industry is expected to gradually increase for the next several years.
This report addresses the following questions and provides unique insights on a variety of issues:
- How are sales in the commercial, tribal and racetrack casino (racino) segments projected to fare between 2010 and 2015?
- Which industry segments will drive growth?
- Which markets/locations show strong sales growth? Which are experiencing declines? Where is the market saturated?
- What proportion of U.S. adults visits casinos? Who are these visitors?
- Who are the market leaders?
- How are the lifestyles of casino-goers unique? How can casinos more effectively serve their customers?
- How are demographic shifts impacting sales? How are they likely to affect companies in the future?
- Other than gambling, what type of entertainment options are casino-goers most interested in at a casino?
- How do gaming preferences vary among race? Which segments tend to be the highest value customers?
- What factors discourage consumers from going to casinos?
- What are the dominant themes in casino advertisements?
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.