Charities of Choice - US - March 2009
Reports of reductions in charitable donations by reputable charities have become common, yet historical data indicate that while recession does impact the level of charitable giving, charities are more resilient than one may think. Given the fact that Americans will continue to give but are likely to donate less and be more discerning in their choices, it is especially important for charities and the corporations that work closely with them to examine giving from the consumer’s standpoint.
This, together with analysis of trends in giving and promotion, will provide readers with some of the critical tools they need to optimize their fundraising efforts and compete effectively for funds with other organizations.
More specifically, this report examines the following questions:
- How has recession traditionally impacted charitable giving and how is it likely to impact giving?
- What macro-economic factors are impacting donor decision-making and how?
- What psychological factors are driving individual decisions about donating?
- What are some of the attitudinal and lifestyle differences between donors and non-donors and how can these differences be leveraged to optimize fundraising efforts?
- What sources of information have the most influence on individual decisions about charities?
- How do people research charities?
- What themes are being emphasized in advertisements for charities?
- What marketing innovations and trends are especially important to non-profits and why?
- What demographic groups and lifestyle segments make the most donations and which make the least?
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.