Cigarettes - US - April 2010
It is increasingly difficult for smokers to light up—cigarette taxes are at an all-time high, and smoking bans have relegated smokers to “back rooms and alleyways.” Legislation makes marketing cigarettes nearly impossible, and the social milieu increasingly sees cigarette smoking as pernicious in spite of the vast sums that cigarette taxes afford to government budgets in the midst of a recessionary period.
In this adverse climate, this report offers insight into how manufacturers and marketers of tobacco products and e-cigarettes can bolster sales, including:
- Which alternatives to pre-rolled cigarettes have gained market share, and which are likely to do so in the future
- Which consumers are more likely to be most receptive to alternative products
- In-depth exploration of recent changes to the law, and legislation still pending
- Potential ways to market tobacco products despite rigid regulation
- Which marketing messages will best resonate with smokers
- Countering widespread animosity for cigarettes and smokers
- Strengths of key players in the tobacco industry
- How branding non-cigarette products can help tobacco companies
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.