Coffee - US - October 2011
While coffee faces stiff competition from other categories such as energy drinks and tea, sales continue to grow. Some subcategories, such as the single cup segment, have shown truly impressive growth in recent years and clearly illustrate that manufacturers can make significant gains, despite a weak economy and low consumer confidence.
While these findings are encouraging, it is also clear that the largest coffee segment (i.e. roasted coffee), which accounts for more than 80% of the total coffee sales, is nearly saturated. In order to provide insight that can be used to help optimize product development and promotional efforts, Mintel has published this report which addresses the following issues.
- How have coffee sales fluctuated in recent years and how are they likely to change between 2011 and 2016?
- What segments of the coffee market show the greatest promise for growth in 2011-12 and which are likely to remain stagnant or decline?
- Who are the leading companies and brands in the retail coffee market and how have they achieved success?
- What types of new products are companies bringing to market and where does there appear to be more room for innovation?
- What marketing strategies are companies adopting to drive growth?
- How have consumer usage patterns changed in recent years, and what implications do these changes have for companies seeking to achieve sales growth?
- Which consumer segments tend to use the most coffee and what are some ways companies can effectively target these segments?
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.