Coffee - US - September 2010
The incidence and frequency of coffee use in the U.S. has remained very steady in recent years, which has contributed to relatively stable, moderate market growth. Indeed, while sales in many categories declined between 2008 and 2010—as millions of Americans sought ways save money in the face of recessionary pressures—the coffee category performed relatively well. This suggests that CPG firms seeking growth may want to consider developing new coffee products or optimizing efforts to promote existing brands in order to capitalize on opportunities.
The report provides research and insight that is useful to product developers and marketers operating in the retail coffee market. More specifically, the report addresses the following questions:
- How have retail sales of coffee fluctuated in recent years and how are they likely to change between 2010 and 2015?
- What categories are performing well and which are posting sales declines?
- How have sales in the supermarket channel fluctuated in recent years, compared with changes observed in other channels?
- How are economic, demographic and wellness trends impacting the coffee at retail market?
- What are the most popular types of coffee in the U.S.?
- What brands are performing well and which are posting declines?
- How are companies using new media, as well as television to promote their products?
- What segments of the population over-index on use and which under-index?
- What types of coffee products are companies launching and which seem well-positioned to grow in the current market?
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.