Color Cosmetics - US - June 2010
Mascara sales have been driving growth in the color cosmetics market since 2009, as women have been gravitating toward a more intense look for the eyes. Bolder, longer and thicker lashes are the goal, while lip makeup and foundation purchases have taken a back seat. Color choices in face makeup are becoming more varied, as multiculturalism makes its mark on the cosmetics marketplace.
The challenge of the recession has affected many women, and most have found a way to trade down in price and still maintain their cosmetic routines. Mass brands are faring well while department stores are reevaluating their approaches. In addition, shifting demographics are affecting sales as the swelling ranks of Baby Boomers reduce their cosmetics inventories and fewer teens are moving in to the marketplace to take their place.
This report will examine in detail:
- The positive sales impact that innovations in mascara have had, and how the big three brands (L’Oréal, CoverGirl and Revlon) are leveraging the desire for lush and long lashes
- How drug stores continue as the dominant retail outlet choice for cosmetics, even as mass merchandisers continue to gain customers
- Innovations in all segments and an overview of new product introductions that are breathing life into a saturated market
- The emphasis on humor and pizzazz in television commercials, and the faces of the latest brand ambassadors of choice
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.